Thursday, September 8, 2011

Calm Before The Con

Right now is the good part of the time before the con. My mind has finally snapped the stress I have been feeling because I have been lazy with my costume. There is nothing left to do but finish it tomorrow. Of course the wig is terrible. Lucky for me I have a wig so I only need to spend $5 on one can of spray on gray color. Anyway, my thoughts turn to the chance that this really is.

An anime convention, where anime fans get together and mingle. For the most part it is a chance for jail bait to get away with wearing... well nothing in public for a couple of days. After all anime girls rarely have modest outfits. It is a place where we all go for... roughly 50 hours of pure anime fun. Normally it involves lack of sleep. Couple that with lack of food and walking all day and you get some loopy people. Lucky for me I found glow things for cheap :P.

However, I am forced to think back to last year when I was alone. I could not talk to anyone, I was terrified of the people around me. I wonder if this year will be different. I am taking some friends with me. However, both are as reclusive as me. So I wonder if I will be able to do any approaching or talking for that matter. It is sad because I have the easiest cheesiest opener and transition for this occasion. Since pictures of cosplay are... well expected. You simply open by asking to take a picture and transition by asking about the costume. However, last year I managed to hide and look for groups of camera people to take pictures. I don't know, it is just kind of stressful.

I am disappointed because I had a burn out last month and did not go out at all. Then this past couple of weeks I have been stressing out about my cosplay. It just sort of spirals out of control. Plus I have no idea which game to use... I mean yes this takes place during the day... however... there are night elements as well. I don't know.... part of me is scared I will hit on a 14-year-old as well.

Anyway, anxiety anxiety... all it does is hold me back.... you would think that a single guy in his mid-20s who is cosplaying would not care what others think... I don't know... hopefully I will have a good report for when I come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment